Sertoma Hearing Aid Bank or Hearing Aid Recycling Program (SHARP): These hearing aids are distributed through a variety of means in different states. Contact Sertoma International to see how they are distributed in your state.
Sertoma International Scholarships (Oticon - Phonic Ear): For an application, visit www.sertoma.org.
Mission Statement: Sertoma International is accepting applications for scholarships for all deaf and hard of hearing college students pursuing four-year degrees. They will provide 13 awards of $1,000 each to students attending universities in the US or Canada. This scholarship program has been made possible through a donation by Oticon, Inc. and Phonic Ear Inc. Both companies are well known for the hearing instruments they create and produce.
Students can use the awards for any school-related expenses including tuition, books and supplies during any academic term, including summer term.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must be either entering college on a full time basis or currently attending college on a full time basis at a college or university in the United States of America.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Graduate degrees, associates degrees, community colleges or vocational programs do not qualify.
- Must have a minimum 3.2 on a 4.0 scale un-weighted GPA or be at least 85% in all courses. For high school students entering college this is cumulative GPA for grades 9-11 and first semester of 12th grade. For students currently at a freshman level in college it is cumulative GPA for grades 9-12 and first semester of college. For college students who are sophomores or higher it is your college transcript for all semesters completed.
- Must submit application and all required materials in single envelope by deadline date.
To apply: Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with request. Get the details of what is required at: http://www.sertomafoundation.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Document.Doc?id=71
Deadline: May 1 (varies depending on the day of the week the first falls on)